So, you’re all set and in your swim suit and ready to jump into your lovely hot spa or getting ready to take a dip in your pool on a cooler day. You’ve turned on the heater and when you step into the water it’s cold!!……… What should you do?
Below are a few basic troubleshooting steps you can do yourself to see what might be the issue.
- Ensure the filter pump is actually on and water is flowing through it.
- Ensure the gas is turned on. All gas heaters have a gas valve on the metal inlet pipe to the heater ensure this is on.
- Ensure you have gas to the property and it hasn’t been disconnected for some reason.
- Ensure the levers that can divert water flow to and from the heater are open and close off any that can bypass the heater.
- Behind each front panel on each heater, there’s normally a quick guide to troubleshooting that particular model. Go through the guide step by step.
- Check to see if there’s a smell of gas this indicates a leak.
- Check to see if the heater displays any Error messages that can be used to diagnose the issue.
- Check that the filter cartridges have been cleaned recently and are in good condition and not restricting water flow through the heater.
- If the heater doesn’t start after these basic processes then a repair call may be needed.
If you need help with the above connect with PoolStar we shall be happy to help with any of your Las Vegas and Henderson swimming pool needs.